XMAS is a software program designed to control
an EPMA or SEM with one or more WDS spectrometers. It is a powerful and
flexible package and incorporates the latest developments in electron
microprobe automation for light element analysis including Statistical
analysis, Area Peak Factor calculation, Quantitative peak integration
and peak interference correction.
XMAS allows you to upgrade your instrument to a level that is virtually
competitive with the latest instruments from any manufacturer - at a very
small fraction of the cost! XMAS has a user interface written in Microsoft
Visual Basic and comes complete with a programmer's manual describing
over 260 functions accessible by any user-written Visual Basic program!
Two optional software packages can also be used with XMAS.
Several optional software packages can be integrated with XMAS:
1 for geology and petrography
for stage and beam mapping
to digitalize the optical images
i.e. the geological package Formula 1 and the imaging package HiMax
· Simple configuration program allowing input of your instruments
· Smart peak search routines which take into account crystal 2D.
· A Stage program for storing points,
lines and grids for later use by qualitative, quantitative and positioning
· A Standard program featuring
an intuitive graphical interface that allows the user to save all information
necessary to define a standard.
· An Analysis program comprising
features identical to the Standards program thus insuring a uniform procedure.
· Built-in Interference routine for detecting all potential element
line interferences (up to 8th order). Indispensable for achieving accurate
· Automatic beam current control which ensures precise read and
writes from microamps to picoamps as well as current regulation capability.
· Built-in Spectrum Processing Module. Sophisticated graphical
package for displaying and manipulating acquired data (spectrometer scans,
quantitative beam and line scans and PHA scans).
· True WDS/EDS integration.
· Batch procedure, which allows the
user to run unattended any line scan, standard acquisition, unknown automatic
analysis and image acquisition.
· Spectrometer, Stage and Beam
· Built-in processing of all Scan Profiles.
· Data Smoothing and Linear Transformation of Spectral Data.
· Area peak factor calculation, APF.
· MLK markers in real time, up to 9th order
· Up to Six spectra can be displayed at the same time.
· Compare spectra from different sources (Standard to Unknown
· Spectra can be output to any WINDOWS printer or saved to an
EXCEL file or a WINDOWS Meta File WMF file.
· XMAS is based on a proprietary data base compatible since version
1 of the package. All the information which relates to the analysis is
saved into only one file ( *.ANA file). The data base can support up to
· A simple click to start an On-line
or Off-line analysis
· Single or multiple point analysis with multiple condition setup
(e.g., each element can have its own accelerating voltage and beam current!)
· Support for light element analysis with integration of peaks
in real time and APF routines
· Support multiple interferences (maximum 5 per element) with
classical Peak/Background or peak integration measurement.
· Support for combined energy and wavelength dispersive quantitative
· Statistical analysis package (Grubbs & Dixon and X2) to filter
Standard intensities and Analysis results